TERMS & CONDITIONS SPECIAL COVID-19
CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL UPDATE
Updated DECEMBER 1st, 2021
We continue to closely monitor the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on travel, and the information below covers what you need to know about impacted destinations (Spain, Portugal and Morocco) as well as special considerations for bookings.
This page will be updated as information changes.
Our approach is guided by our sense of responsibility, at this time, to face uncertainty we have taken specific actions. We appreciate your constant support and are looking forward to hosting you in your dream travel experience soon.
- All and only US fully vaccinated travelers can travel to Spain and they are only required to present a certificate in order to enter Spain. All passengers need to fill a Spain Health Form (individually) to be submitted within 2 days prior to arrival in Spain. The US Government requires a negative test of Covid to fly back to all citizens, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
- From October 1 2021, U.S. citizens can travel directly from the United States to Portugal for non-essential travel (i.e. tourism) with proof of an accepted negative COVID-19 test: RT-PCR Test (or similar NAAT test) – 72h before boarding, or Rapid Antigen Test – 48h before boarding.. All passengers need to fill a Passenger Locator Card (individually) to be submitted up to 4 days prior to arrival in Portugal. The vaccination certificate might be required to access public spaces in Portugal. The US Government requires a negative test of Covid to fly back to all citizens, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
- International flights to Morocco have resumed since June 15, 2021. U.S. citizens must present a vaccination pass or certificate of vaccination to enter Morocco. The vaccines authorized in Morocco are : AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Sputnik, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen, Covishield, Moderna, Sinovac. It should also be pointed out that the Moroccan vaccination pass is accepted in the European Union. All passengers must complete and sign this health form (you can fill it and print it in advance).
1. EXISTING CÚRATE Trips BOOKINGS
Our approach is guided by our sense of responsibility, at this time, to face uncertainty we have taken specific action regarding the following destinations:
- Spain, Portugal and Morocco: International travel restrictions were imposed from March 2020 suspending all regularly scheduled commercial flights in the USA and 26 European countries. We decided to postpone all CÚRATE Trips affected or that could be affected:
For these existing group bookings we proposed an alternative date, on the same original conditions and keeping the same prices:
- Portugal April edition 2020: rescheduled to dates 13 – 22 April 2021, NEW dates 05 – 14 April 2022
- Catalonia & Andalusia 2020: rescheduled to 26 May – 04 June 2021, NEW dates 01 – 10 June 2022
- Basque Country Aug. 2020: new dates 24 – 31 August 2021 – OPERATED SUCCESSFULLY
- Basque Country Sep. 2020: new dates 31 Aug – 07 Sep 2021 – OPERATED SUCCESSFULLY
- Portugal, Oct. 2020: new dates 28 Sep – 07 Oct 2021 – OPERATED SUCCESSFULLY
- Madrid & Castile 2020: new dates 01 – 10 November 2021 – OPERATED SUCCESSFULLY
- Morocco 2021: NEW dates 16 – 25 February 2022
- Portugal April edition 2021: NEW dates 26 April – 05 May 2022
- Catalonia & Andalusia 2021: NEW dates 18 – 27 May 2022
Portugal April edition 2020 & Catalonia & Andalusia 2020: Exceptionally, cancellation penalties concerning these two trips have been limited to 30% of the trip cost and all refunds will be done by bank transfer. In case you claim to an insurance company, the original cancellation policy in our General Terms & Conditions sent on pdf to you upon signing in will apply, to avoid over-coverage.
2. NEW CÚRATE Trips BOOKINGS
For new CÚRATE Trips bookings made for trips in 2022, given the uncertainty of the current evolving global health situation, we have revised our terms and conditions for bookings with the aim of offering flexibility and peace of mind in regard to your future travel plans. Our flexible booking conditions allow for rebooking and postponing your trip free of charge if for COVID-19 reasons the trip cannot be performed:
Terms and Conditions: This applies only to CÚRATE Trips bookings made from January 1st 2021 to April 30th 2022 for travel before 31 December 2022. Paladar y Tomar will automatically transfer the trip to a new date and communicate it. All payments received will be transferred to the new, rescheduled booking. In case the new dates do not suit you, we offer to postpone the booking to any date until June 2023 in the same destination without any additional booking fees and no price increase. Standard terms and conditions apply to the new booking. Guest is responsible for all other related costs including any air travel change fees and additional insurance premiums.
3. COVID-19 RELATED REASONS
Covid-19 related reasons are termed as any of the following restrictions being in place 30 days or less before departure:
- The Spanish Government advises against all but essential travel;
- The government in the client’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel;
- The destination the client is traveling to has entry restrictions in place that prohibit them from traveling, such as closed borders or extended quarantine requirements;
- International flights are cancelled without alternative routing available for clients to use to reach the destination(s) in the itinerary;
- If there is a requirement from your country government for you to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel (at your own expense) upon your return.
4. TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVID-19 COVERAGE
For your peace of mind, from October 2021 all new CÚRATE Trips include travel insurance with cancellation and medical coverage, and Covid-19 is one of the factors included.
If you purchased your trip before, most travel insurance companies have included COVID-19 among the list of cancellation reasons. Having a travel insurance is not mandatory but highly recommended. It is the traveler sole responsibility to get protected.